This historic building has become a well recognized feature of Rotorua. It was built by the New Zealand Government early 1900 to encourage tourism.
Situated at 222 Coast rd. this is a well preserved old house.
This was the original farm house
One of the first churches built in Wellington(1863) the land and timber(pitsawn) was donated by Richard Prouse.
banded bellbird blackbird boats butterfly chaffinch dotterel drops due falcon fern forest gannet gannets godwit goldfinch harrier heron historic home island john-bob kakariki karariki kawau kingfisher korokoro kotuku kotuoko little monarch native nz orchid owl park pauatahanui pied pigeon plover rewarewa rimutaka rotorua scaup shag silvereye snow somes sparrow spider spoonbill starling sun_orchid sunrise swan tern track tracks trees tui wainuiomata wairarapa waterfalls white white-faced white heron wildflower wom wood yellowhammer zealander